That's what I've been doing around these parts lately. Got my cooking mojo back. This was last night's dinner, made on the fly, a joy to cook for S who digs tasty stuff. There's enough of this baby left for lunch today and possibly dinner tonight. YUMMM.
Free range chicken cous cous salad with the "sink"
- Poach the chicken breasts with lemongrass and lemon.
- Whilst they're poaching, cut up a couple of handfuls of sugar peas, throw in some dried cranberries a julienned carrot, toast a handful of cashews chop them up and throw them in too together with a bunch of chopped celery and flat leaf parsley. Stir this up.
- When your chicken's almost done, throw in a cup of frozen peas into the water with the chicken. After a couple of minutes pull out the breasts and drain the peas.
- Grab a cup of uncooked cous cous and pour over a cup of boiling water, cover with a tea towel and leave for 5 mins. Then fluff with a fork and add a little seasoning, butter and olive oil.
- Slice the breasts which will be nice and juicy as you've poached them and throw them in the bowl with the other ingredients. Rinse the peas under cold water and throw them in too.
- Whilst all the above is happening make a dressing, using this which you bought months ago but haven't used. Put a clove of garlic, salt and some dried herbs, lemon juice and whole egg mayonnaise in the shaker and shake the bejesus out of it then pour over the salad and toss, toss, toss. Sit down with your favourite person and enjoy.
The blog meet up is only days away (well it's Saturday 17th) and I had a plan and then stuff wasn't working but I think I've resurrected and sorted it. Trying to put aside performance anxiety "will they like it" thoughts and just making and enjoying. LOVE this fabric which I bought from Superbuzzy last year.
For you Aussies did you know Toni Collette and the Finish are touring in March? I've just started listening to "Look Up" and "Beautiful Awkward Pictures", gorgeous songs.
Thanks for all your sweet comments. We take our eyebrow grooming very seriously ;)