Above, snapshot of the work in progress for the blogger meetup next month in Melbourne. Finally made a decision and it's full steam ahead. It'll be great to meet up with bloggers I've met before and all the other crafty bloggers, it'll be a crazy crafty fest. Yes, yes in the top left corner that is the yoyo WIP for the belated 40th, Gillian....it's nearly there! I know, don't hold your breath.
I'm looking forward to going back to Melbourne, though not looking forward to leaving S behind, she has to work, though it's lucky for Spud no vaccination or cattery for him. Visiting old haunts like Babka (french toast to DIE for), Brunetti, Flinders Lane, Degraves, Brunswick Street, Fed Square and Borders. Also going to give Amitie a visit (it's where the meetup's being held) and also Patchwork, Zakkaya, the button store (flinders lane?) and MagNation. Anyone got other crafty, foody, interesting ideas/places for me to visit? Last visit to Melbourne was over 2 years ago and it's over 6 years since I lived there.
The NEK as she's know around these parts was AWESOME. Her voice is stunning live, the band are tight and Kelly Hogan, backup vocals, is hilarious and obviously can sing. The only downer? It was about 39°C (about 102F) and the Fly isn't air conditioned. Nice....not, not when you're standing and you can feel sweat running down your legs. At one point Kelly Hogan commented we looked like a flesh casserole. Aside from the heat Neko and the band were troupers and I'm so glad I finally got to see her play live.
Lastly, "just for you Liana" are the words I emailed when she kindly tagged me, "just this once" :P .
Six things not yet mentioned here.....
- Ummm I was a very shy, chubby child. Possibly from spending quite a lot of time from the age of birth until I was about 12 in and out of hospital with asthma. I preferred books to people, you couldn't get my head out of a book.
- I left high school at age 16, directionless, so I went to "secretary" school. I've been working fulltime since I was 18. For the past 10 year's I've worked as a production manager in various graphic design businesses, self taught.
- I'm allergic to capsicum it gives me chronic indigestion.
- This is hard. Aaaah. I'm left handed but when I play sports involving a bat, I bat right handed.
- I played netball from the age of 12 until 20. Managed to play at competition level from the age 17 to 20. I'm no sporty woman, but I was a mean goal shooter.
- I laugh easily, too easily sometimes. I have one of those laughs that people comment on. I also laugh when I'm nervous or in awkward situations, often at inappropriate times.
Tagging....noone - go for it if you wanna play.